[i2c] Adaptive adapter name?

Till Harbaum till at harbaum.org
Sat Nov 4 00:37:27 CET 2006

Hi,

On Friday 03 November 2006 11:22, Jean Delvare wrote:
> A simple test would be to not load any hardware monitoring driver, only
> your i2c bus driver, and use i2cdetect (and the i2c-dev driver) to
> probe the bus before and after unplugging/replugging it. If probing
> fails the second time, it means your bus driver doesn't properly
> support hotplug. I can't say more without seeing the actual code,
> though.
Hm, actually something changes. Before it reads:

40: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX UU XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

and after being unplugged and replugged:

40: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 48 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

But the man page unfortunately doesn't tell me about the difference. Maybe
the UU means "un use" or so.

I have investigated this further and i found out, that after replugging the
interface i have to unload and reaload the ds1621 module to make
it visible to sensors again.

Hmm, shouldn't this work automatically?

Till

--