[i2c] Fwd: I2C probe 10bit address

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Nov 15 22:03:06 CET 2006

Hi Salvatore,

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:30:11 +0100, Salvatore Benedetto wrote:
> Ok, the SDK for the FOX board comes with a 2.6.15 modified linux kernel. By
> default, even though
> I2C headers are available to the user, the I2C subsystem was not added
> neither to the Kconfig nor the Makefile. So
> it was not possible to use it, even if it's present in the kernel tree
> provided. What I did was to modify a Kconfig
> and a Makefile in order to have the I2C subsystem compiled.
>
> The video driver is the saa7113 provided along with the usbvision module and
> the i2c_algo_usb module. The latest
> provided the i2c algorithm used.
>
> What do you think could be the problem?

You did your own changes to a kernel tree which is itself modified, and
on top of that you install a third party driver. You don't show us a
single line of code. We can't guess what's wrong, sorry.

There must be a reason why the i2c subsystem was disabled in your
kernel tree. You should ask whoever is responsible for the FOX SDK
about it.