[i2c] Fwd: I2C probe 10bit address

Salvatore Benedetto emitrax at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 22:16:28 CET 2006

Oh my God, you are right! I got fooled by the "new" string appended to the
name of the codec and I didn't pay much attention to the Makefile, so I
included the wrong codec in my target system. I'm so sorry I made you waste
your time.

On 11/19/06, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> > Nov 19 19:50:51 xartime [4308668.666000] tuner 0-0061: chip found @ 0xc2
> > (usbvision #0)
> > Nov 19 19:50:51 xartime [4308668.666000] tuner 0-0061: Tuner has no way
> > set tv freq
> > Nov 19 19:50:51 xartime [4308668.679000] tuner 0-0061: type set to 5
> > (Philips PAL_BG (FI1216 and compatibles))
> >
> > but I haven't figure out yet who or what generate that message. I guess
>
> The tuner driver does.

Ok thanks!

> that's the I2C address of the tuner chip, right?!
>
> It is. Beware that the tuner driver is displaying the address as an
> 8-bit number, while the actual address is 7-bit, so you need to divide
> the hexadecimal value by 2 to get the actual address.

Ok. Thanks again.

--

> Jean Delvare

Again, I'm so sorry for making you and the list wasted your time. However,
thanks to this mistake, I've been learning
something about the I2C protocol and the I2C linux framework itself.

I hope that will fix my problem.

Salvo

--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)
Student of Computer Engineering and Telecommunications