[i2c] [patch 2.6.19-rc6 9/11] i2c driver "new style" binding

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Mon Nov 27 21:40:58 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:03:18PM -0800, David Brownell wrote:
> Kick in standard driver model probe mechanisms, by adding "new style"
> I2C enumeration that works without SMBUS_QUICK support in controllers
> and drivers.

I couldn't get this patch to apply.  It appears to be referencing context
(such as i2c_do_add_adapter) that I've only seen in your Nov 15 patch,
but parts of that patch are in patch 5 of this set, so I'm assuming this
patchset was meant to supersede the older ones...

Is there an i2c tree that I should be using?  The MAINTAINERS file refers
to kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/, but I don't see
i2c_do_add_adapter() in that patch either.

-Scott