[i2c] "Using i2c-parport bus Driver"

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Oct 12 09:45:00 CEST 2006

Morning Seetaram,

> With reference to my Previous Query, I have one more question to you and
> would request you to please clarify.
>
> I installed the lsvpd, sysdiag and sysutils rpms(packages) and finally
> the lm_sensors-2.6.5-5-1.i386.rpm.
> After the installation is complete, I ran $sensors-detect (program)
> I'm getting the following error
>
> Couldn't Open /proc/bus/i2c!? at /usr/bin/sensors-detect line 2970
> <STDIN> line 7
>
> I checked my /proc/bus folder and it seems there is no I2C folder there.
> What is the problem here and what should I do to get /proc/bus/I2C
> folder?
> I have selected the kernel configuration as detailed in the previous
> mail.
> Please kindly advice me.

According to a previous post, you are using a 2.6.11 kernel. lm_sensors
2.6.5 does not support 2.6 kernels at all. Please read this page on our
wiki:
  http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Kernel2.6
It gives all the compatibility details. In particular, it says that you
need at least lm_sensors 2.8.8 for a 2.6.11 kernel.