[i2c] I2C on AT91RM9200 receives extra byte

Mike Wolfram wolfram at microdatec.de
Wed Sep 6 09:35:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

I tried the patches for 2.6.18rc-4 and found out, that each I2C read receives
an extra FF at the end. This byte will be the first byte of the next read
message.

Comparing earlier versions with that one I saw that sending STOP is now done
after reading the last byte from RHR. I changed it back to send STOP before
reading RHR the last time and the FF is gone.

May I consider this to be the right way or is there something else wrong?

Regards,
Mike Wolfram
--
MicroDatec GmbH
Zeulenrodaer Str. 17, 99091 Erfurt, Germany