[i2c] linux-i2c and smbalert

Mark M. Hoffman mhoffman at lightlink.com
Tue Sep 12 14:32:05 CEST 2006

Hi Hendrik:

* Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> [2006-09-11 16:22:46 +0200]:
> I reqrote the most part of it. i2c-smbalert now registers as i2c_driver and
> has to be manually attached to the bus by the i2c_adapter driver that want to
> support it.
> I also attached the implementation for i2c-i801 (also contains some other
> cleanups) that runs fine on my system (Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM SMBus)

I only had time to quickly glance at this.  I would like to review it very
closely, but that may need to wait a bit.

AFAICT: you still have a race condition between the time you release the core
lists lock and increment the client use count.  And speaking generally, it
seems to me there is some logic in i2c-i801 that could be moved to i2c-core.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com