[i2c] i2c-pport with kernel 2.6.X

pierre demanax baddemanax at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:37:50 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Is there a way to add the i2c-pport module into a 2.6.x kernel ?

I found a file from rudolf marek (  i2c-pport for kernel 2.6.X
http://assembler.cz/), but that files doesn't compile on my system i got the
following error :

error: linux/config.h: no such file or directory
error: unknown field 'mdelay' specified in initializer

I am using a 2.6.20 kernel self compiled. Apparently the i2c-algo-bit.h
coming with this kernel is not the latest version, and doesn't contain the
mdelay deifnition.

SO is there a good, clean way to add that module?

I would be please to have some help from i2c community.

regards