[i2c] problem with DS1337 RTC connected to Cirrus Logic EP93XX

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon Apr 30 15:07:34 CEST 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:09:10 -0700 (PDT), z l wrote:
> I have an EP9302 custom board with DS1337 connected to
> EEDAT & EECLK lines.  The Linux kernel version is
> 2.6.20 with I2C configured as bit banging and DS1337
> as module.
>
> When the DS1337 module is loaded it seems the I2C
> driver never really called the ds1337_attach_adapter
> function as I put some printk statement there and
> never seen any print outs.  The module does get
> registered as both the I2C core and my own printk
> reported.  Any help is appreciated.

i2c-algo-bit is a software thing only. You need an I2C bus driver to
bind it to the physical EEDAT & EECLK lines. I seem to remember a
driver named i2c-ep93xx, except that it is not in mainline. I found
this:
https://dev.contec.at/dev/micro/micro9/LINUX/trunk/kernel/linux-2.6/patches/ep93xx-i2c-bus.diff
But I don't know how up-to-date it is. You may want to contact Lennert
Buytenhek for a status update.