[i2c] problem with DS1337 RTC connected to Cirrus Logic EP93XX

z l zql at glomationinc.com
Mon Apr 30 15:42:14 CEST 2007

https://dev.contec.at/dev/micro/micro9/LINUX/trunk/kernel/linux-2.6/patches/ep93xx-i2c-bus.diff
> But I don't know how up-to-date it is. You may want
> to contact Lennert
> Buytenhek for a status update.

I found a version in Michael Burian's GIT tree at
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mburian/linux-2.6-ep93xx.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-ep93xx.c;hb=e16e2f3f0a126eccf47d4d338b3b1a9281b7cd87
 and applied it against the 2.6.20.  I also used his
ds1337glue.c to create the RTC device interface so the
RTC can be accessed from user space.  It works very
well now.  We can use hwclcok to set and get time to
ds1337.  As Michael mentioned the ds1337glue probably
is not the "correct" way of doing it, but we need a
solution now so we will use it until the correct
access method is available.

zl