[i2c] [RFC] Lifebook apanel driver

Jochen Eisinger jochen at penguin-breeder.org
Thu Jan 4 22:06:45 CET 2007

Hi,

first of all, I want to say that I'm amazed that this old driver is
still in use :) My last fujitsu laptop died years ago, so I hadn't a
chance to improve it since quite some time.

The original idea behind the ioctl interface was to create an interface
for both linux and *BSD (there's also a BSD version of this kernel
module, it even has more features than the linux module btw: while the
linux module only supports polling, the BSD kernel provides some kind of
interrupt on smbus activity).

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>> Original code had GPL v2 only tag, and at present I have don't want to
>> touch GPL v3 issues.

The original code (i.e. mine) is dual-licenced with GPLv2 or later and
BSD. Anyway, if it helps to have in GPL v2 only, this shouldn't be a
problem (at least for the linux part).

regards
-- jochen