[i2c] main CPU as I2C slave Howto

Annamalai Prakash newblinux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:55:30 CEST 2007

Hello All,

     I am newbie, I am very new to I2C device driver. I am using ST
evaluation board. The Main CPU core is SH4. It has three  inbuilt I2C
controllers (SSC). one I2C is configured as Master and working fine.  I
would like to make this SH4 CPU as Slave by configuring another I2C as
slave. Linux Kernel execution is on this CPU.

   My doubt is,

     1. I had gone through http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7136 article.
and got an impression that each slave should have a seperate device driver
to work with MASTER. So in my case, Do I need to write driver  ?.   Actually
my slave (CPU) suppose to receive input from Master and process it.  Any
tips would be greatly appricated .

Thank you very much for your time.