[i2c] [patch] Add Dialog Semiconductor DA9030 Power Management chip driver

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Oct 25 15:18:47 CEST 2007

Hi Mike,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:40:13 +0200, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:10:21 +0200, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> >> Below patch contains Dialog Semiconductor DA9030 Power Management chip driver.
> >> It covers LDO, battery charger, built-in ADC and leds functionality.
> >
> > I don't really have the time to review such a big patch these days. Can
> > you please try to find someone who could review it publicly? Maybe
> > someone else who also would like this driver to be merged upstream?
>
> I do not know anybody who can review the patch :(

Don't you have colleagues working on this with you? Or maybe developers
in other embedded companies who are also interested in this driver?

I seem to remember that Trilok (Cc'd) submitted a similar driver some
months ago so he would be a good candidate to review this one. Trilok,
would you have some time to review Mike's driver?

> Do you think it might be worth posting it to LKML?

In general, I recommend using specialized lists as much as possible so
as to not flood the LKML. I guess that your driver is primarily aimed
at embedded systems so maybe you can find a mailing list focusing on
Linux on embedded systems first. But of course, if you want to send
your patch to the LKML, I'm not stopping you from trying that.