[i2c] i2c-tools: Testers wanted

Ryan Mallon ryan at bluewatersys.com
Sun Sep 30 22:07:40 CEST 2007

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi all,

> A SVN snapshot is available for download:
> http://dl.lm-sensors.org/i2c-tools/snapshots/i2c-tools-r4909-20070930.tar.bz2
>
> I would appreciate if people interested in these tools could download
> and test the package now, and report how it works for them. Suggestions
> for improvements are welcome, and patches implementing these even more
> so.

I'm cross compiling the tools for the ARM. Doing make in the top level
directory didn't work at first. I changed -I../include to -Iinclude in
tools/Module.mk and then it built fine with no errors.

I had to change the name of my i2c device name from /dev/i2c0 to
/dev/i2c-0 as the former was not recognized by the tools. We are using
a root filesystem created by OpenEmbedded, though I'm not sure who, or
what was responsible for the i2c device name :-).

The tools seem to work correctly after I renamed the device. It
correctly detected all the i2c devices on one of our boards.

Cheers,
Ryan