[i2c] i2c 2 issues on omap3430

naveen krishna ch naveenkrishna.ch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:18:04 CEST 2008

Hi,
    I am facing some i2c issues on omap3430 with linux 2.6.24 kernel.

    My device is a slave sitting on I2C2 of OMAP3430.

    I am observing the following,
     1) Sometimes i get "i2c_omap.2: controller timed out"

                   i2c_omap.2: No acknowledmentif i use i2c 2 at 100khz
        and i dont find them when i run at 400khz.

     2) Sometimes the i2c write and read succeeds but data received is junk.

     3) The I2C reads are not consistent. with same image if i boot
several times

        The readed values keep variying.

      I am not sure what could be the problem. The mux settings seems okay.

     The client creation seems fine. Can any one suggest me the exact
     i2c bus registration steps. right now i only have

omap_register_i2c_bus(1, CONFIG_I2C_OMAP34XX_HS_BUS1, NULL, 0);

in the board file. and

MUX configurations in the

arch/arm/plat-omap/i2c.c
arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux.c