[i2c] Question about i2c new style modle

Wen Wang sickdoctor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 08:35:49 CEST 2008

Hi all,

 Currently I'm writing an i2c adapter driver and a client driver under
2.6.25 kernel, and I need to update those drivers into 2.6.27 kernel.

Can anyone please help to tell me if I have to upgrade my I2C client driver
from legacy binding model to new style binding model in 2.6.27 kernel or
not? If I have to :(, I don't know which part of code will update the board
info about I2C devices or this should be done by the client driver?

Can anyone please help to answer that?

Thanks
Wen