Linux SMBus support

leo.duran at amd.com leo.duran at amd.com
Tue Dec 18 16:23:16 CET 2001

Hello,

I have a few questions to which I'd appreciate some answers.
I am a system software developer at AMD, looking to support future
chipsets (south bridges) with SMBus functionality.

1) Are there any plans for supporting SMBus v2.0 features such as ARP?
If so, Would that be done in an "adapter driver", or a separate "generic"
driver (assuming functionality is avaliable from "adapter" device).?

2) How those the code in your repository makes its way into future
Linux ditributions?  Hwo often dows this happen?

Thanks,
Leo.
leo.duran at amd.com