2.6.4: strange (?) include path order

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Aug 7 21:26:36 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 09:04:22PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> > This is because I have an old i2c.h header in /usr/local/include.
> >
> > Why do you specify /usr/local/include before /usr/src/linux/include ??
> > In this case it was fatal.
> >
> > I guess you can safely assume that /usr/src/linux is the most recent
> > tree.
>
> No, we of course can't. The most recent tree is... ours ;)
Oh, ok.

> Did you install i2c-2.6.4 before lm_sensors-2.6.4? My guess is, you
> didn't.
Of course I didn't:
I'm using 2.4.18 builtin i2c support modules.
If you don't plan to/can't fix this, then maybe you might want to mention
this in the FAQ...

Currently having a look at the perl script detection code...
Hmm, weird stuff. Not sure yet what can be done about that.

--
Microsoft Licensing 6.0: "Pay us now in advance, so that we can own you later."