2.6.4: strange (?) include path order

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Aug 7 22:07:41 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 09:43:17PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Currently having a look at the perl script detection code...
> > Hmm, weird stuff. Not sure yet what can be done about that.
>
> I don't get you. What do you mean?
I was thinking out loud.

I hope I'll be able to come up with a solution to this problem
(i.e. maybe scan *twice* for problematic PCI IDs, once to detect the
chipset and once for finding out about the *real* chip, e.g. by
searching for other IDs on the board that indicate such-and-such chip)

We could also add an "advice" string for each entry in the pci_adapters list
maybe.
That way we could print some warnings/hints for certain adapters.
(such as "try using it87 chip driver for misdetected SiS 8895 modules")

--
Microsoft Licensing 6.0: "Pay us now in advance, so that we can own you later."