about tempX information (fwd)

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Thu Dec 5 00:41:15 CET 2002

Ah, that's an old FAQ.  We report what the chip reports.  Bios' usually
add some 'fudge factor' to try to compensate for some condition (which
may or may exist!) like the temp sensor probe being a few milimeters
away from the CPU.  Read the FAQ's, docs, and perhaps even the datasheet
of the chip in question for more info.

Phil