mkpatch testing...

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Dec 14 08:00:55 CET 2002

> the trouble is that 'make install' on the i2c side puts the headers in
> /usr/local/include... Especially now that we are requiring an upgrade
> to i2c-2.7.0, if we don't point to the same place on i2c and
> lm_sensors, then people couldn't compile i2c outside the kernel, they
> would have to mkpatch...

I definitely agree with this. As long as i2c installs to /usr/local by
default, I think we should stick to looking for its headers at this
place (at least if we choose to use a single default). Now, maybe some
makefile or shell magic can let us know which headers to include. I have
to admit that I didn't understand what the possibilities are and how to
choose among them, but if you want to explain it to me, I can work on
it.