LM_sensors and Toshiba laptops

tom burkart tom at aussec.com
Wed Jan 9 05:24:32 CET 2002

Hi,
I have used the lm_sensors package to try and look at the i2c devices on a
Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop with little success.
It now overheats and crashes with extended use.  I do not know wether it
was due to probing the i2c bus and changing something or some other
unfortunate combination of events that culminated at about the same time.
So since I saw the warning messages for IBM laptops I thought I would
mention it - just in case.
I would be happy to try and trouble-shoot what may have happened if
someone could give some guidance what to try...

CPU: Pentium 3/speedstep 750MHz, 128M RAM, 20G HDD,...
Kernel: 2.4.17
LM_sensors/i2c: 2.6.2

tom.
Consultant