VIA

Kyösti Mälkki kmalkki at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jun 25 20:22:26 CEST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Danne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to disturb you but i have a problem which i hope you can help me
> solve..
>
> Im currently writing a monitoring tool specialized for my system..
> I have a vt8233a based motherboard with a winbond w83697hf monitoring
> chip..
>
> The tool will be used under windows..
>
> My question for you is:
>
> Can i access the winbond chip with SMBus? Or do i have to use some other
> method?
> My software has detected the VIA chip and SMBus on port 5000..

A quick look to lm_sensors documentation reveals that this sensor
chip would be supported via (pun intended) ISA i/o.
For developers' convenience under lm-sensors, these ISA (or LPC)
connected clients appear to be connected on a pseudo SMBus (i2c-isa).

Hope I remembered it somewhat right.. I am not actively involved in
lm-sensors development for the time being, better contact the
developers list or search the support database for more details.

Cheers,

--
  Kyösti Mälkki
  kmalkki at cc.hut.fi