lm_sensors on Tyan S2460

Vyacheslav Sokolov vence at fromru.com
Thu Mar 28 18:27:06 CET 2002

Hello,

I have installed lm_sensors 2.6.3 but I am still in trouble
with my Tyan S2460 Tiger MP (rev. 1.03) motherboard.

Is this motherboad supported? How must I proceed to make lm_sensors work?

I have read all the tickets and I try as follows:

I go into BIOS before booting to initialize w83627hf;
then
# modprobe w83781d init=0 force_subclients=0,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b

I find that the w83782d shows reasonable temperatures with "set sensor1,2,3 2" (transistor)
in /etc/modules.conf.
However the w83627hf _does not_ recognize such lines as "set sensor1 2"  and _always_ says
it works with thermistor. Accordingly, the temperatures have no sense.

Is there any workaround to get true temperatures (and voltages as well...)?

Thanking you in advance,
Sincerely
V.Sokolov