/dev/i2c missing

steen at cogweb.net steen at cogweb.net
Tue May 28 06:44:54 CEST 2002

Hi guys,

I just got the cvs of i2c and lm-sensors and it compiled and installed
fine. When I do i2cdetect x, I get

 Installed I2C busses:
 i2c-0     smbus  SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 5000    Non-I2C SMBus adapter
 i2c-1       i2c  I2C Voodoo3/Banshee adapter    Bit-shift algorithm
 i2c-2       i2c  DDC Voodoo3/Banshee adapter    Bit-shift algorithm
 i2c-3     dummy  ISA main adapter               ISA bus algorithm

Then I get get Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0', `/dev/i2c0', or
`/dev/i2c/0': No such file -- and so on for 0-3. In fact, there are no
/dev/i2c entries. Why don't I have /dev/i2c? What else could I be sensing?

I would like to get CPU speed -- can I?

On the other hand, I now get the temperature of my CPU and the voltages
fine, in KgrellM.

Great work!

Cheers,
David