lm-sensors-2.70 and chip W83977EF

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Apr 5 21:41:52 CEST 2003

[PLEASE ALWAYS ANSWER TO THE LIST, NOT TO ME ALONE]

(You'd think people would figure out by themselves...)

> I have examined the informations in the BIOS setup :
> - Temperature warning 70°C/158°F
> - CPU (CON2) Temperature : N/A
> - System temperature : varies from 31°C to 32°C
> - CPU Fan : 0 RPM
> - Chassis Fan : 0 RPM
> - VCore : varies from 1.63V to 1.64V
> - 3.3V : varies from 3.36V to 3.37V
> - +5V : stable  5.16V
> - +12V : varies from 11.97 to 12.03 V
> - -12V : stable -12.03 V
>
> I have also installed livewiredev under Windows, withe the same
> results
>
> So I have modified sensors.conf to ignore fans, in6 and temp1 and the
> output is conform to the BIOS information.

So my theory was exact, nothing was wrong, only unused sensors.

> For information, I had a problem in the installation :
> the script lm_sensors.init contains a line :
> . /etc/init.d/functions
> but in Slackaware I don't have a directory /etc/init.d
> so I had to modify this script to define echo_failure() and
> echo_success()

This script is intended for Red Hat-like distributions, which Slackware
isn't. That's why the script isn't installed by default on non Red
Hat-like systems.

By the was, Slackware users are supposed to be clever enough to tweak
the initscripts by themselves to make them work for their system
(Slackware user speaking ;)).