gnome-settings-daemon restartet to often

Zeno Davatz zdavatz at ywesee.com
Mon Aug 4 08:14:11 CEST 2003

Hi Jean

I done depmod -a but that did not help.

I note the following problems on my Debian PPC:
 -the panel does not start up. In the beginning I get 'Gnome settings daemon
has been restartet to often' - 'will try to restart at next reboot...'
 -When I hit the reply button on my sylpheed-claws my sylpheed-claws crashes
telling me that it does not find the german language file:
Unhandled Error: /usr/lib/aspell//de-only.rws: The language "de" is not
known. This is probably becuase the file "/usr/local/share/aspell/de.dat"
can not be opened for reading.
Abgebrochen
in fact: all that is installed.

I am no trying to install a newer kernel version, lets see if that helps or
not...

Any hints regarding my 'Gnome settings daemon'?

Thanks
Zeno