New LM83 driver

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Aug 13 10:55:53 CEST 2003

> > (Message received 12 times, what happened?)
> Nothing happened when I pressed the send button. But it seems like
> something did happen...

OK, no problem. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a mailing-list issue.

> > Could you try setting some limits (through the config file or
> > manually,
> Tried setting both critical and high. When temp was over high I got:
> temp1:       +38°C  (limit =  +47°C, critical =  +60°C)   ALARM

I don't understand. In this example, 38 < 47 and 38 < 60 so no alarm
should trigger at all - yet the high alarm seems to be set. Looks like a
bug in my driver :(

> I had a look at the wiring diagram and all D+ ports are wired
> together. But as said before the temperatures differ with as much as 7
> degrees within a single reading I find that hard to believe.

Sure, I just can't believe it. BTW, where did you got that diagram? I
know no motherboard manufacturer that give a full wiring diagram for
their motherboard (and I don't blame them, most people just wouldn't
care).

Thanks for testing :)