problem with it87.o

Joost Ellerbroek j.ellerbroek at student.tudelft.nl
Sat Aug 16 13:53:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've got a small bugreport for the it87 driver.
The driver loads fine, and i get normal readings afterwards, but as soon as
the driver loads, my cpu fan gears up to it's maximum rpm, even though the
temperature is still low enough.

I have a shuttle sn41g2 pc, with the nforce2 chipset. The board supports
variable fan speeds, it monitors cpu temperature, and sets fan speed
accordingly. Up to the point where i load the it87 module that is :)

I'm running kernel 2.4.20, i2c and lm-sensors version 2.8.0
bios version fn41s019. Should you need more info just ask.

kind regards,

Joost.