Please subscribe me

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Aug 23 19:14:23 CEST 2003

> > Why do you want to join? Please note you don't need to be
> > subscribed to post here. And non-subscribers always get TO: or CC:
> > on replies. So subscribing is generally useless for simple users.
>
> do we need to ask people for a reason?

Experience as shown that too many people think they have to join the
list before they can post. Since adding and removing people from the
list adds to Phil's job, I just wanted to avoid it whenever possible.

> why don't we just add them and let them decide for themselves.

Because we usually know better than them if they have to or not ;)

> Perhaps also adding this info to our FAQ would be good.

OK, let's do it.
(A few minutes later)
Done. I've added details to section 6.4 "How to join the project mailing
list". Hope you like it.