Eeprom driver optimization

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Aug 23 21:09:08 CEST 2003

> The refresh time is 5 minutes now.

And shouldn't be increased IMHO. And could even be lowered if we support
writing to eeproms.

> As I've said before, I consider the eeprom driver a "demonstration"
> rather than something with a whole lot of value.

In this case, we can exclude it from sensors.

> Therefore I don't feel that inefficiency is a big concern.
> But if there's some generic method to reduce the number of accesses
> that could be added, that may be interesting.

Give it a look and try and tell me what you think about it.

> I'm not in favor of more Vaio- or EDID-specific stuff
> ("subsets") in eeprom.c.

I finally chose a generic slices method, as you can see. I too think
it's better than a Vaio- or EDID- or whatever-oriented partitioning.