APM and beep_enable

Thomas Siegel siegel at cyberleaf.de
Sat Feb 8 15:09:03 CET 2003

hallo,

i have the following problem:

normally (at least after booting the machine) sensors reports for the
point "beep_enable" the value "Sound alarm disabled". but when the machine
wakes up after a suspension (generated by "apm -s", which do a suspend to
ram and switch off all fans as it is configured by me through the
bios-setup) i get a permanent beeping. now sensors reports "Sound alarm
enabled" for "beep_enable". my question is: how can i permanently switch
"beep_enable" to "Sound alarm disabled"?

thanks for your efforts!

bye

thomas