Updated driver for LM85

Philip Pokorny ppokorny at penguincomputing.com
Tue Feb 18 08:43:35 CET 2003

I've respun my lm85/adm1027/adt7463 driver for the 2.7.0 release.

We've been using it here at Penguin Computing on the Intel S845WD1-E
motherboard for several months.  I added support for the adm1027 when I found
that chip on a Tyan motherboard we use.  The ADT7463 was added from specs when
Analog Devices Technical support told me that it fixes a bug in the ADM1027
related to the temperature offset registers.  (Documentation says .25 degC
resolution, actual resolution is 1 degC)

There is complete support in sensors and in the library for all the features.

I've corresponded with David Barrington who put the original detection code
into sensors-detect, but had not completed a driver.

I'm attaching the documentation file.

What else should I do to get this commited to CVS?

Thanks,
:v)