Trouble with i2c and bttv

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Jul 5 18:24:25 CEST 2003

> no, I think we need to send it all at once, it's a stable kernel

I misexpressed myself. I mean we need to first have our patch (I2C layer
+ kernel drivers modifs) to be accepted before even having to help
non-kernel modules (such as the zoran one which I'm using) convert their
modules so that they will work with the new kernel.

BTW, I need a new-I2C-layer patch for the kernel before I can change the
zoran driver and test it. I guess that using our mkpatch script with
I2C-cvs should do it?

(This actually means that beginning with the zoran driver isn't the more
logical thing to do, but since this is the only module I'll be able to
test, better that way.)