About to release
phil at edgedesign.us
Mon Jul 7 18:58:51 CEST 2003
I'm ready when you guys are. I will be out Friday and Saturday, but
otherwise I can release when we're ready. I'm assuming we are still
grabbing HEAD from cvs for the releases? If there are any differences
to how I should release, just update doc/developers/checklist for me,
and I'll take care of the rest.
Thanks again for the continued hard work!
PS- I've been thinking more about moving all the Lm_sensors off my
company's hardware and onto a dedicated server (no rush, though). I'd
love to get a Penguin Computing 1u server for this... I wonder if we are
'near and dear' enough to their hearts to get a donation? ;') Anybody
Mark Studebaker wrote:
>I'll retest sensors-detect tonight and let's take another
>day for testing and reviewing the docs.
>We can give Phil the OK on Wednesday and he can release late in the week.
>(Phil likes releasing late in the week to avoid weekday load on his server)
>Jean Delvare wrote:
>>>Agreed, I think the last thing is fixing the perl problem in
>>Hopefully fixed. I had no answer from Jim Morris, but I really expect my
>>fix to make everyone happy (old Perls as well as brand new UTF-8
>>>Let's not check in anything else except for that fix and
>>I finished committing my code changes, and I updated some docs. Let's
>>freeze the CVS now (except for necessary bugfixes of course). There is
>>no need to worry anyway. I think we'll have a 2.8.1 release rather soon
>>after 2.8.0, after the first wave of bug reports will have crushed on
>>our mailing list. This has been almost 7 months since 2.7.0 was released
>>and I think this is way too much.
>>Phil (Edelbrock), are you ready for a release?
>>Do we have any reason to wait for Mark Hoffman's return before releasing
>>(I don't see any)?
More information about the lm-sensors