DESTDIR/depmod problem

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Tue Jul 8 09:39:38 CEST 2003

> Khali please look at tickets #1322 and #1323 which claim a problem in
> the CVS makefile with the new depmod lines. Don't understand why...

I don't understand either. I suspect that the guy was frightened by the
depmod errors and did not see that they are *ignored*. Let's ask for
details. I'm considering adding a kind of disclaimer at this point of
the "make install" ("The following command may generate errors, we know,
don't be afraid."). Maybe this could also be the place for a reminder
not to use external i2c drivers for a while?