i2c built-in warning

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Jul 10 13:27:06 CEST 2003

After the repport we had this morning, I wonder if we shouldn't print
some warning at the end of either make or make install if the user
installs i2c with method 1 and has i2c already built-in his/her kernel.
Letting i2c install quitely although we know lm_sensors will fail
installing doesn't sound very clever.

Another possibility would be to *prevent* the user from installing i2c
if he/she has i2c built-in. Why isn't it that way already? Are there
cases where we want the user to be able to install i2c in these
conditions?