i2c-matroxfb

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Jul 10 18:25:23 CEST 2003

Hi Malcolm,

You once wrote to us about a sensors detection problem, and the log
shows you had a supported Matrox video card at that time. Do you still
have it? I'm interested in a problem I have with a similar card, and I
thought maybe you could help.

The problem I encountered is that scanning the I2C bus of my Matrox
Mystique is very, very slow. As slow as lasting 30 minutes where scaning
other devices last a few seconds only. The problem shows when
sensors-detect is run, or when i2c-detect is run on the bus as well.

Do you remember if you had the problem too? What kind of Matrox card do
you have, and what kind of computer is it used in?

Thanks.