Fix fan speeds on ADM1026

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Jun 12 10:44:57 CEST 2003

> Jerome Hsiao @ Arima pointed out to me that the fan speeds from the
> ADM1026 driver were not consistent with other drivers.
>
> Seems that most (all?) drivers assume two pulses per rev from the
> fans.
>   I expected that users would need to use a "compute" directive to
> modify the fan speed for the number of pulses-per-rev of their fans.
> (All the fans I use are 4 ppr so I'm always having to "compute" a
> correct value.)
>
> But it's not consistent with the other drives...
>
> So here is a patch to fix the ADM1026 so it reports fan speeds
> consistent with the other drivers...
>
> This was done against CVS...

Well, that's what fanX_div is meant for. As far as I know, the number of
pulse/rotation depends mostly on the fan itself, not on the monitoring
chipset. That's why we let the users change the fanX_div value through
the config file.

Maybe there's actually something to be fixed in the adm1026 driver, but
maybe this is just a matter of setting the right fanX_div for unregular
fans.