Additional info for ticket #1148

OverrideX overridex at punkass.com
Thu Jun 12 11:37:58 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 05:28, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Nope, it turned out I just needed to change the force_subclients
> > option a little, instead of:
> >
> > force_subclients=0,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b
> >
> > I had to use:
> >
> > force_subclients=1,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b
> >
> > I have a feeling that the 1 is because my tvtuner card is showing up
> > as/proc/bus/i2c-0 so my sensors are being bumped to 1?, but I'm not
> > sure if that's what the number in the option means or not, all working
> > well now though (for the first time in 6 months since I got the board
> > ;) -Dan
>
> Yes, you're right.
>
> What about Mark's suggestion?
> > The address of the first chip to be recognized (the 627HF in your
> > case) should be the 2nd argument to force_subclients.
> > It probably isn't; fix it and it should work.
>
> Where did you find the addresses you're trying to force? Recopied from
> the ticket? I think you have to find the addresses by yourself using
> "i2cdetect 1".

Yep, I used the same addresses from the ticket and it's working well,
all sensors are showing up - good to know how to find them myself
though, oh and I didn't have to do the
i2cset 1 0x2c 0x4b 0x40
i2cset 1 0x2d 0x4b 0x40
as it says in the sensors.conf on the 941 ticket, the fan speeds are
correct without doing that.  Setting that actually causes them to read
much lower than they should be. cheers, -Dan

--
OverrideX <overridex at punkass.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint = 4AD5 CE9C D7C8 0069 BDD3 7F72 3AB2 642A 5A5D EB89

Woody: Hey, Mr. Peterson, Jack Frost nipping at your nose? Norm: Yep,
now let's get Joe Beer nipping at my liver, huh? -- Cheers, Feeble
Attraction