1250

Philip Pokorny ppokorny at penguincomputing.com
Sat Jun 21 02:20:42 CEST 2003

I'm glad you were able to apply the patch.

The via686a is on the ISA bus.  That may be changing the "corruption"
that happens when we attempt to read from /proc.

David, can you please run:

    strace -o /tmp/sensors.strace sensors -s

And then send me (or the list) the file /tmp/sensors.strace that will be
created.  I'd like to see the system calls and more detail about the
error before we decide to back out the patch.  It definitely does solve
a problem for some people...

Thanks,
:v)

--
Philip Pokorny, Director of Engineering
Tel: 415-358-2635   Fax: 415-358-2646   Toll Free: 888-PENGUIN