lm_sensors2/prog/detect sensors-detect

Jim Morris morris at wolfman.com
Fri Jun 27 00:53:34 CEST 2003

Ok here are the two results snipped for ITE detection....

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:45:38 +0200
Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

khali>
khali> > Sorry for the delay, I got busy with some other work...
khali>
khali> Same here as you can see.
khali>
khali> > Ok they are different I attach both files... but here are the juicy
khali> > bits...
khali> >
khali> > With UTF on..
khali> > Probing for `ITE IT8705F / IT8712F / SiS 950'
khali> >   Trying address 0x0290...
khali> > ite_isa_detect called with chip = 0 and addr = 656
khali> > val = 144
khali> > val = 88
khali> > calling outb with addr = 661 and val = 167
khali> > In the if block
khali> > Failed!
khali> >
khali> > With UTF off...
khali> > Probing for `ITE IT8705F / IT8712F / SiS 950'
khali> >   Trying address 0x0290...
khali> > ite_isa_detect called with chip = 0 and addr = 656
khali> > val = 255
khali> > val = 79
khali> > calling outb with addr = 661 and val = 176
khali> > after return #1
khali> > after return #2
khali> > Success!
khali> >     (confidence 8, driver `it87')
khali>
khali> All right. I think that everyone will now agree that the problem is
khali> *not* in outb but in *inb*.
khali>
khali> Time to try another set of prints. Please grab the new sensors-detect
khali> at:
khali>   http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/sensors-detect-k2
khali> and give it a try. As usual, all the interest is to compare the output
khali> between a UTF and a non-UTF locale.
khali>
khali> It will probably generate more noise than the previous one did. I expect
khali> to see that on your system, ord($X) and unpack("C", $X) give different
khali> results (while I think both functions should return the same value in
khali> all cases, on all systems).
khali>
khali> --
khali> Jean Delvare