2nd mail archive?

Philip Edelbrock phil at philedelbrock.com
Mon Dec 13 00:30:27 CET 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 8:50 AM, Jean Delvare wrote:

>> Hearing no comment, I'm going to sign us up.
>
> Sorry for the delay...
>
> If we are going to put any effort in having a better mailing-list
> archive (not that I have to complain about Andrew's one BTW, it does
> the
> job), we might as well go for a real mailing-list with integrated
> archiving (such as Mailman). Either Phil could do it if he has some
> time
> and energy to put in it, or we might accept the Axel Thimm's offer [1].
>
> Maybe there would be more developers joining the project if it were
> easier to join our mailing-list than curently is.
>
> Just my $0.02 though.
>
> [1] http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg27967.html

I'm open to any option which is going to help the project.  At some
point I was hoping to get a piece of (reasonable) dedicated hardware
that could be the lm-sensors project server (cvs or svn, web, mail
server, etc.).  Then roll in a list server (Mailman looks good).  My
company is perfectly willing to be the home of the hardware and share
the bandwidth.

Phil