Dependency problem during compile

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Feb 14 11:10:29 CET 2004

> Do you have any thoughts about what is wrong?

Not really, I admit.

> Was I correct in thinking that I can compile against a different
> kernel than the one running on the compile system? The target system
> is an EPIA box.

Yes, this is correct. I have done it myself a few times and it worked.
But you also want to install the target files in various places, what I
didn't do myself.

One more question, how did you install i2c before installing lm_sensors?
Is your Epia kernel i2c-patched, or did you install i2c separetely? This
changes the place where lm_sensors has to look for headers, maybe this
is a part of the problem you have.