Makefile problems

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Jan 15 19:00:13 CET 2004

> I having a problem with lm_sensors2 Makefile.  I run make all or
> make install It seems to just go into a loop and ends up doing
> nothing.  I have sent a log of what Makefile outputs.   Please let
> me know what I'm doing wrong or missing.

Is it from CVS?

Most probably your time is wrong (or you use CVS which is known to have
a bad time) and this confuses make. Make sure that no file in the source
tree has a date and time that belongs to the future ('find . -type f
-exec touch "{}" \;' may help). I'd expect everything to go fine after
that.