Ticket # 1523

Willy Weisz weisz at vcpc.univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 22 14:27:59 CET 2004

Please withdraw ticket number 1523 for the following reasons:

1. p4b_smbus isn't needed anymore for kernels 2.6.x, so there is
   no need to compile it.
2. p4b_smbus.o wouldn't even be loaded as the new kernel objects
   need an extension of .ko not .o
3. I looked at the wrong file, when making my changes to the
   Makefile. Your comment in the ticket entry shouldn't
   be a question, but bluntly state that my suggestion is wrong.

Sorry for my opening that ticket, I only found out later that
kernels 2.6.x don't need p4b_smbus anymore.

Best regards

Willy Weisz
Willy Weisz

European Centre for Parallel Computing at Vienna (VCPC)
                 Liechtensteinstrasse 22
                 A-1090 Wien
Tel: (+43 1) 4277 - 38824          Fax: (+43 1) 4277 - 9388
                e-mail: weisz at vcpc.univie.ac.at