Issue getting sis630 i2c smbus driver to work

Geoffrey Hausheer c479wy002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 6 17:49:36 CEST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:59:16 +0200, "Alexander Malysh amalysh-at-web.de
|lm-sensors/1.0-Allow|" <ii2ui0fae60t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Hi,
>
> please try attached patch...
> Thanks!
Thanks, this did indeed work, though when running sensors-detect, i get:
Next adapter: SMBus SIS630 adapter at 5080 (Algorithm unavailiable)
Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively):
Client found at address 0x08
Client found at address 0x10

..
Sorry, no chips were detected.
..

I assume this means that either (a) the laptop has no sensors, or (b)
they aren't supported by linux yet.  Is this a reasonable assertion?  Is
there anything I can do (short of disassembling my laptop) to help?

Thanks again,
.Geoff