News about PC87366

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Fri May 28 19:37:29 CEST 2004

> Unfortunately, I was unable to note any differences in the voltages
> after setting all pwm values back to 0. I also played around with it
> some more, but nothing changed in the output of sensors.
> (...)
> The chip dump is also attached.

I read the dumps and actually the values are completely different from
what they were. Something changed in your chip, I don't know what... The
configuration registers didn't change.

If rebooting this box is an option, I'd suggest that you:
* (preferably cold) reboot
* dump
* load driver
* dump
* do sensors -s
* dump

And send all three dump sets. Maybe any of these steps will revert to
the old value or break readings again.

BTW, did you find out which of temp4-6 was the CPU temp? temp5 is higher
that the others in your latest output, this is an interesting hint.

Thanks.

http://khali.linux-fr.org/