New max6626.c driver for linux 2.6

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Fri Nov 19 12:24:48 CET 2004

Hi Ralf,

> i would like to provide a new chip driver for the max6626 temp. sensor.
> Could you please review and check in?

After a quick look at the MAX6626 datasheet, I fear I reached the
conclusion that the MAX6625 is 100% compatible with the LM75 for which
we have a driver. The MAX6626 is also comaptible except for the
additional 3 bits of resolution, but this could easily be added to the
existing lm75 driver. The other difference is the narrower address range
but again this is essentially compatible with the LM75.

Could you please compare the MAX6626 and LM75 datasheets and confirm? You
might want to take a look at the lm75 driver as well. If I'm right, I
think it's better to do some light changes to the lm75 driver than add
a brand new, almost similar driver.

Thanks,
Jean