[lm-sensors] Call for 2.9.2

Mark M. Hoffman mhoffman at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 31 05:39:09 CEST 2005

Hi Jean:

* Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> [2005-08-30 22:31:52 +0200]:
> OK, so it seems to be the right time for the 2.9.2 release. Philip, are
> you ready to go?

As I pointed out on #linux-sensors, there is what I consider to be a bug in
the /sys/class/hwmon handling: if /sys/class/hwmon is not present, SPD/eeproms
will be read normally by sensors(1); but if it *is* present, then SPD/eeproms
will not be found or displayed.

Even if we plan to get rid of SPD/eeprom reading from sensors(1) (which I
think is sensible), the current behavior is surprising, to say the least.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to work up a fix - I have a four-day weekend
coming up during which I should have some time.  At any rate, IMO it's a
release-stopper.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman